You are reading

Indoor Dining to Resume in New York City at 25 Percent Capacity on Valentine’s Day

Gov. Cuomo in Albany Jan. 29, 2021

Jan. 29, 2021 By Allie Griffin

Indoor dining will resume on Valentine’s Day at 25 percent capacity across the five boroughs, Governor Andrew Cuomo announced Friday.

Cuomo said he lifted the indoor dining ban — which began on Dec. 14 — based on the decline in the  COVID-19 positivity rate.

The citywide positivity rate dipped to 4.9 percent yesterday from 7.1 percent on Jan. 5, according to state numbers. The rate, based on projection models, is expected to drop further in coming weeks, Cuomo said.

The announcement is welcome news for restaurant owners who have lost significant revenue since the restriction was put in place.

Cold weather has hampered business for outdoor dining forcing many establishments to close for the winter season — if not for good.  Takeout and delivery has brought in modest business for most.

Elsewhere across the state, indoor dining has remained open despite the fact that most regions have had a higher COVID-19 positivity rate than New York City. Cuomo said the city’s high density called for greater restrictions.

email the author: news@queenspost.com
No comments yet

Leave a Comment
Reply to this Comment

All comments are subject to moderation before being posted.

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

Recent News

South Ozone Park gunman faces 25 years to life in prison for murder at Richmond Hill auto repair shop: DA

A South Ozone Park man was indicted by a Queens grand jury in the fatal shooting of a 24-year-old celebrating his 24th birthday in 2022.

Curtis Benjamin, 27, of 113th Street, was arraigned Thursday in Queens Supreme Court on a 14-count indictment charging him with murder, attempted murder and other related crimes for gunning down Justin Baerga and wounding three other partygoers during the attack.

Man sought for allegedly committing act of public lewdness in front of 16-year-old girl on Q43 bus: NYPD

Police from the 103rd Precinct in Jamaica are looking for a creep who subjected a 16-year-old girl to public lewdness in broad daylight while they rode a Q43 bus in Jamaica Estates late last month.

The incident occurred just after 2 p.m. on Tuesday, June 25 as the teen was aboard the Q43 as it rolled down Hillside Boulevard near the intersection of Francis Lewis Boulevard, when she saw a stranger perform a lewd act and stroking her leg before she exited the bus, police said. The suspect remained on the Q43 and the girl was not injured during the disturbing episode.