You are reading

Three Men Indicted for Fatal Shooting at Park in Jamaica Last Year

(Stock Unsplash)

July 12, 2021 By Allie Griffin

Three Queens men were indicted on murder charges for the fatal shooting of a 22-year-old man in a Jamaica park last year, the Queens District Attorney announced Friday.

The men were arraigned and indicted by a grand jury in Queens Supreme Court Thursday for the Oct. 15 shooting.

The three were allegedly involved in a planned robbery — involving a bogus marijuana deal — that ended in the fatal shooting of Numani Lambert of the Bronx.

One of the three defendants, 18-year-old Chance Goode of Jamaica, acted as the ringleader according to the charges.

Goode — under the online alias “Pimmy Don” — allegedly messaged a friend of the victim on Facebook to arrange a meeting to buy weed from them at Rufus King Park.

He then sent the other two defendants—18-year-old Torren King of the Rockaways and 22-year-old Jabari Curtis of St. Albans—to the meeting place in the park.

Goode allegedly told King to rob the sellers — Lambert and his two friends — and have Curtis act as the getaway driver, according to the criminal complaint.

Curtis allegedly drove King and a fourth, unnamed man to meet up with Lambert and his two friends at the park at around 4:30 p.m. After meeting face-to-face, the two groups argued over the payment for the marijuana until Lambert and his friends turned and walked away without making the exchange.

King then called them back and allegedly pulled out a gun aimed at Lambert at close range. He shouted, “Now you have to give it to me” before allegedly firing two shots at Lambert, according to the charges.

A single bullet struck Lambert in the head. He died three days later at a nearby hospital, the Queens District Attorney said.

Police allegedly founded a 9 mm Luger that was used in the murder along with nine rounds of ammunition during a subsequent search of Goode’s home.

“As alleged, the defendants orchestrated and carried out a brazen robbery scheme that resulted in the broad daylight murder of a 22-year-old man, at a park frequented by children and teenagers,” Queens District Attorney Melinda Katz said. “We must stop the scourge of gun violence in our communities.”

The three men were arraigned on a nine-count indictment charging them with murder in the second degree, attempted robbery in the first and second degree, criminal possession of a weapon in the second degree and conspiracy in the fourth degree.

They are set to return to court on July 19. Each faces up to 25 years to life in prison if convicted. 

email the author: news@queenspost.com
No comments yet

Leave a Comment
Reply to this Comment

All comments are subject to moderation before being posted.

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

Recent News

Port Authority announces JFK Airport traffic congestion plan as new terminal construction ramps up this summer

With construction ramping up over the summer on the $19 billion JFK Airport redevelopment project, the Port Authority opened a free drop-off, pickup and waiting lot at the AirTrain station at Lefferts Boulevard to help passengers avoid heavy traffic congestion at the terminal frontages.

The new lot will allow travelers to easily hop on to the free on-airport AirTrain with frequent service for an easy, eight-minute ride to the terminals, saving them time and anxiety from potential construction-related congestion.

Urgent manhunt underway for ‘animal’ who allegedly raped a 13-year-old girl in Flushing park on Thursday: NYPD

The NYPD announced a $10,000 reward is being offered for information that leads to the arrest of a Hispanic man who allegedly raped a 13-year-old girl in a wooded area of Kissena Corridor Park on Thursday afternoon.

More than sixty investigators were at the crime scene late into the night. During a press briefing by NYPD brass on Friday, Chief of Department Jeffrey Maddrey said that the manhunt was expanded city-wide and that the department would spare no expense until the suspect was apprehended.

Attorney General releases body-cam footage in probe of MTA police shooting in Jamaica

New York Attorney General Letitia James on Thursday released police body-worn camera footage that her office obtained as part of the ongoing investigation into the shooting death of 52-year-old Bashe McDaniel, who died on Dec. 29, 2023, following an encounter with members of the Metropolitan Transit Authority, (MTA) Police in Jamaica. The probe by her Office of Special Investigation is mandated under state law.

On the night of Dec. 29, two MTA officers were searching for an individual on Sutphin Boulevard following a report of an alleged sexual assault at the Jamaica LIRR/AirTrain station a block away. The officers spotted McDaniel, who appeared to be wearing the same clothing that was described in the report. As the officers were attempting to handcuff McDaniel, they could be heard ordering him to give them his hands. When he failed to comply, one of the officers used a Taser several times. As McDaniel shrieked and continued to struggle, he allegedly fired a semi-automatic firearm, according to the AG’s office. The two officers discharged their service weapons multiple times in response, striking McDaniel once in the head.